Saturday, February 14, 2009

Child Support

I never do things like this, but I need to vent or I am going to blow.


How much should I say to my husband about not paying his child support? I want him to pay it every month no questions asked. I want the comfort in knowing that if I want to go on a cruise with my husband he can get a passport. I have asked him for years to please pay his child support on time. It has not happened yet. His ex wife can move, change her number, send the kids to live with other people etc. all because he does not do what he is supposed to. I have even said to him "You know she will do pretty much whatever she wants because you don't pay on time?" His response "Yes." I don't get that.

So, what am I supposed to do? As of today's date we have been separated for two weeks for various reasons the main one being his not paying child support.




3 comments:

  1. Im not sure there is much you can do beyond insisting he pay for his children. I commend you on taking such a strong stand! I feel your fustration, my only suggestion would be continue to take your stand and dont back down from it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment. I will be checking out your blogs later on today. Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just cause he pays his child support on time, doesn't stop his ex from doing all kinds of nasty crap. Paying his child support on time just keeps him out of trouble with the law. The law doesn't care about anything beyond that (telling you from experience). The only obligation that he has is paying that bill every month. Everything else after that does...not...matter. He could go 10 years without seeing his kids...the courts do...not...care.

    Child support is a joke, they should rename it to "ex-support" or "Stay out of jail fee".

    I can understand how his failure to pay the bill impacts your life together. If he is that irresponsible why doesn't he just contact his employer (human resources) and have it taken out of his paycheck monthly. All he needs is his paperwork/child support order with his case number and his employer will have it automatically deducted from his paychecks and sent to the court. That way it's taken before he even gets the check and you can expect a stable lifestyle without worrying about negative consequences. He also gets the benefit of doing the right thing...even if his ex isn't.

    Good luck,
    Dm

    ReplyDelete